50% of our profits go towards charities who help build sanitation around the world: WHY?
- 2 billion (1 in 4) people don't have somewhere safe and hygienic to go to the toilet.
- The lack of a toilet makes women and girls a target for sexual attack as they go to the toilet in the open, late at night.
- Almost 1,000 children die every day from preventable diseases linked to dirty water and unsafe toilets.
- 663 million people live without safe water.
- Children worldwide miss 443 million school days each year because of dirty water and poor sanitation.
- Every year, women and girls spend 97 billion hours finding a place to go to the toilet.
For me, it is so important that we help those in need to live a healthy, safe lifestyle. I find it unbelievable that so many live without clean water or a safe place to go to the toilet and it makes me realise how lucky we are in Britain to never have to worry about that.
I would like to be able to make a difference for some of those people in need and make their lives safer. Currently, I donate to a number of charities to help support their work on building toilets and improving sanitation throughout the world. I donate more than 50% of my profits at the moment because it is so important to me. I also have links with a charity who are going to design projects specifically for Potty About My Planet once I have enough money to be able to fund this. I cannot wait to be able to do this and I hope to be able to travel abroad to see it happen and to show my daughter, Molly what we have achieved with our company.
We are proud to support WaterAid as one of our chosen charities. You can find out more at www.wateraid.org.